Login to Complete a Submission or to Access Judging Panel
Terms and Conditions
By submitting your entry, you agree to the following:
1. The University of Southern California (“USC”) is hosting the Blue Sky Scriptwriting Fellowship (“BSSF”). USC reserves the right to copy and distribute all materials, including scripts, for the purposes of judging, promotion, education and research. Scripts will be private, unlisted and not accessible by anyone but the judges. USC may utilize script writers’ names, likenesses and script title in its publicity, outreach and entertainment-education activities, including press releases, show production, video news conferences, lectures, panels, professional and health education programs, research and touring exhibitions. Appropriate credit will be included.
2. Recognition is for material submitted and does not imply recognition for anything other than the material reviewed.
3. Any publicity (written or otherwise) describing the contest must include the full title of the contest program, the Blue Sky Scriptwriting Fellowship, and must refer to the script recognized.
4. USC and the BSSF judges have complete discretionary control over eligibility, recategorizing entries as deemed appropriate and determining whether an award will be given.
5. The script must be submitted in its entirety for judging. Partial scripts will not be accepted and will result in disqualification.
6. USC has the right to request additional supporting material before an award is determined.
7. Responsibilities of the USC are subject to the availability of funds and resources. This contest program is not intended to, and does not, and may not be relied upon to create a right or benefit, substantive or procedural, enforceable at law by a party and against the BSSF and funding partner organizations, USC or the United States.
8. Scriptwriter retains complete ownership of their work.
9. Scriptwriter represents and warrants that Scriptwriter has the right and power to enter into this Agreement and to grant the rights granted hereunder; and that Scriptwriter’s submission hereunder will not violate or infringe upon the personal or property rights of any third party.
10. Scriptwriter further agrees to indemnify, defend, release, and hold USC and its respective affiliates, related entities, successors or assigns, or any of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives, or agents harmless from and against any and all third party claims, liabilities, losses, damages, injuries, costs and expenses (including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys’ fees) of any nature whatsoever, including, but not limited to, those involving any charge by third persons or entities for violation or infringement of their rights.