Login to Complete a Submission or to Access Judging Panel
By submitting your entry, you agree to the following:
1. The University of Southern California (“USC”) is hosting the Plastic Kills Short Film Competition (“PKSFC”). USC reserves the right to copy and distribute all materials, including films and videos, for the purposes of judging, promotion, education and research. Films and videos will be private, unlisted and not accessible by anyone but the judges. USC may utilize filmmakers’ names, likenesses and project titles in its publicity, outreach and entertainment-education activities, including press releases, show production, video news conferences, lectures, panels, professional and health education programs, research and touring exhibitions. Appropriate credit will be included.
2. Recognition is for material submitted and does not imply recognition for anything other than the material reviewed.
3. Any publicity (written or otherwise) describing the contest must include the full title of the contest program, the Plastic Kills Short Film Competition, and must refer to the film or video recognized.
4. USC and the PKSFC judges have complete discretionary control over eligibility, recategorizing entries as deemed appropriate and determining whether an award will be given. All decisions will be final and in USC’s sole and absolute discretion. There will not be an appeals process.
5. The film or video must be submitted in its entirety for judging. Partial or uncompleted films or videos will not be accepted and will result in disqualification.
6. USC has the right to request additional supporting material before an award is determined.
7. Responsibilities of the USC are subject to the availability of funds and resources. This contest program is not intended to, and does not, and may not be relied upon to create a right or benefit, substantive or procedural, enforceable at law by a party and against the PKSFC and funding partner organizations, USC or the United States.
8. Filmmaker retains complete ownership of their work.
9. Filmmaker represents and warrants that Filmmaker has the right and power to submit the film or video and to grant the rights granted hereunder; and that Filmmaker’s submission hereunder are their own work and will not violate or infringe upon the personal or property rights of any third party.
10. Scriptwriter further agrees to indemnify, defend, release, and hold USC and its respective affiliates, related entities, successors or assigns, or any of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives, or agents harmless from and against any and all third party claims, liabilities, losses, damages, injuries, costs and expenses (including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys’ fees) of any nature whatsoever, including, but not limited to, those involving any charge by third persons or entities for violation or infringement of their rights.
11. This contest shall be governed by and construed under the laws of the state of California, without regard to conflict of law principles. Any disputes arising hereunder shall be submitted to Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Services or successor organization for binding arbitration in Los Angeles, California by a single arbitrator.